Saturday, August 1, 2009

Photo featured on the White House Blog!

A good friend of mine recently asked if I could photograph an event for a local non-profit called Everybody Wins Iowa. Everybody Wins is a national literacy and mentoring program that works to increase children's success in school through reading and mentoring experiences with local volunteers.

Melody Barnes, the Director of the Domestic Policy Council, from Washington D.C. was visiting Des Moines and wanted to come and read with the kids from Everybody Wins.

I was happy to help and documented the event for them about a week and a half ago.

Imagine my surprise when I get an alert that my name is on the WHITE HOUSE BLOG! I go to check it out and there is one of my photos! Follow the link above to check it out!

~Jill

No comments: